CAD operator,Cartographer,Design technician,Draughtsman
Draughtspersons prepare technical drawings, plans, maps, charts and similar items.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, BTEC/ SQA awards, an appropriate GNVQ/GSVQ or A levels/H grades. Further training consists of courses of study and supervised practical experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines design specification to determine general requirements
- considers the suitability of different materials with regard to the dimensions and weight and calculates the likely fatigue, stresses, tolerances, bonds and threads;
- prepares design drawings, plans or sketches and checks feasibility of construction and compliance with safety regulations;
- prepares detailed drawings, plans, charts or maps that include natural features, desired surface finish, elevations, electrical circuitry and other details as required;
- arranges for completed drawings to be reproduced for use as working drawings