3116- PLANNING, PROCESS AND PRODUCTION TECHNICIANS
PLANNING, PROCESS AND PRODUCTION TECHNICIANS
Process technician,Production controller,Production planner,Production technician
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of technical support functions to assist production, process and planning engineers with production programmes and schedules and with manufacturing and processing procedures in order to ensure accuracy, cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
Entrants to training usually possess GCSEs/ S grades. Vocational training consists either of full-time study for a BTEC/SQA National award followed by two years on-the-job training, or an apprenticeship leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- supports planning and production engineers in assessing existing and alternative production methods;
- works from, and helps implement, professional engineers? drawings and specifications for equipment and layout, and helps implement modifications required for existing plant machinery/layout;
- works with engineers on production control methods to monitor operational efficiency and helps to eliminate potential hazards and bottlenecks in production;
- liaises with materials buying, storing and controlling departments to ensure a steady flow of supplies;
- supports professional engineers in reviewing safety, quality, accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements;
- supports implementation of plans of sequence of operations and completion dates for each phase of production or processing;
- ensures implementation of inspection, testing and evaluation methods for bought-in materials, components, semi-finished and finished products;
- ensures accuracy of manufacturing and testing equipment;
- ensures effective completion and implementation of detailed instructions on processes, work methods and quality and safety standards for workers.
Source Of Info: