Chartered librarian,Librarian,Technical librarian,University librarian
Librarians appraise, obtain, index, collate and make available library acquisitions and organise and control other library services.
Entry will normally require an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification. Most postgraduate courses require applicants to have had prior relevant work experience. Professional qualifications and NVQs/SVQs in Information and Library Service are available at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- selects and arranges for the acquisition of books, periodicals, audio-visual and other material;
- collects, classifies and catalogues information, books and other material;
- prepares and circulates abstracts, bibliographies, book lists, etc.;
- identifies the information needs of clients, seeks out and evaluates information sources;
- establishes information storage systems to deal with queries and to maintain up to date records;
- manages library borrowing and inter-library loan facilities;
- promotes library services through displays and talks
- provides learning and cultural experiences through events such as author talks, reading groups, formal and informal teaching.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: