2449- WELFARE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
WELFARE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Children?s guardian,Rehabilitation officer,Social services officer,Youth worker (professional)
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of welfare-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 244: Welfare Professionals.
Entry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. Background checks including a CRB check are likely to be required.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- provides activities to assist young people develop and fulfil their potential as individuals and within the community;
- advises and supports families experiencing stress or crisis;
- acts as an advocate for and represents individuals and families at tribunals and similar hearings;
- oversees, supervises and provides counselling for the process of adoption;
- mentors and counsels those with mental health problems;
- provides rehabilitation services to individuals;
- manages volunteers and part-time workers, and liaises with other relevant professionals;
- keeps records and controls budgets.
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Mental Health Counselors
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Counselors, All Other
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Social Workers, All Other
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Community and Social Service Specialists, All Other