2436- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
Contract manager (building construction),Project manager (building construction),Transport planner
Job holders in this unit group manage and oversee major construction and civil engineering projects and major building contracts for quality of work, safety, timeliness and completion within budget; forecast travel patterns and develop strategies for managing the impact of traffic-related demand.
Entrants normally possess a degree in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification and/or substantial work experience at an appropriate level. Further Continuing Professional Development is available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- draws up budgets and timescales for new construction projects based on clients? requirements;
- briefs project team, contractors and suppliers;
- assembles information for invoicing at the end of projects;
- plans work schedules for construction projects based on prior discussion with architects, surveyors etc.;
- hires and may supervise site staff, establishes temporary site offices, takes delivery of materials;
- regularly inspects and monitors progress and quality of work, ensures legal requirements are met;
- identifies defects in work and proposes corrections;
- records, monitors and reports progress;
- forecasts the impact on traffic and transport of new developments (e.g. shopping centre);
- assesses schemes to manage traffic such as congestion charging and parking controls;
- examines accident ?blackspots? to improve road safety;
- writes reports for funding bids and planning authorities and acts as expert witness.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: