2432- TOWN PLANNING OFFICERS
TOWN PLANNING OFFICERS
Planning officer (local government: building and contracting),Town planner,Town planning consultant
Town planning officers direct or undertake the planning of the layout and the co-ordination of plans for the development of urban and rural areas.
Entrants usually possess either an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification and must have completed at least two years? work experience in town planning before gaining professional status.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- analyses information to establish the nature, extent, growth rate and likely development requirements of the area;
- consults statutory bodies and other interested parties to ensure that local interests are catered for and to evaluate competing development proposals;
- drafts and presents graphic and narrative plans affecting the use of public and private land, housing and transport facilities;
- examines and evaluates development proposals submitted and recommends acceptance, modification or rejection;
- liaises with national and local government and other bodies to advise on urban and regional planning issues.