Architect,Architectural consultant,Chartered architect,Landscape architect
Architects plan and design the construction and development of buildings and land areas with regard to functional and aesthetic requirements.
Entrants require a professional qualification in architecture that will encompass an accredited degree and postgraduate qualification, and at least two years practical experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with client and other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and landscaping requirements;
- studies condition and characteristics of site, taking into account drainage, topsoil, trees, rock formations, etc.;
- analyses site survey and advises client on development and construction details and ensures that proposed design blends in with the surrounding area;
- prepares detailed scale drawings and specifications for design and construction and submits these for planning approval;
- monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.