2429- BUSINESS, RESEARCH AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
BUSINESS, RESEARCH AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Civil servant (grade 6, 7),Company secretary (qualified),Policy adviser (government),Registrar (government)
Workers in this unit group advise on the formulation and implementation of policy in the public and private sectors, develop and implement substantial business, statistical and administrative systems, and perform a variety of functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 242: Business, research and administrative professionals.
Entrants typically possess a degree or an equivalent qualification. Entry is also possible by internal promotion for those with appropriate experience. Training is often provided on-the-job in the form of short courses for specialist areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- coordinates the organisation?s services and resources, liaising with other senior staff;
- analyses internal processes and systems, recommends and implements procedural and policy changes;
- recruits and manages staff, assigns and delegates tasks and duties, makes changes in procedures to deal with variations in workload;
- develops plans, sets objectives and monitors and evaluates performance;
- prepares and reviews operational and financial reports;
- controls and administers budgets.
- advises national and local government on the interpretation and implementation of policy decisions, acts and regulations, and provides technical assistance in the formulation of policy;
- co-ordinates and directs the activities of Revenue and Customs offices, Job Centres, Benefits Agency offices and other local offices of national government;
- registers and maintains records of all births, deaths and marriages in local authority area, issues appropriate certificates and reports any suspicious causes of death to the coroner.
- negotiates and monitors contracted out services provided by the private sector to local government studies and acts upon any legislation that may affect the local authority.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: