2426- BUSINESS AND RELATED RESEARCH PROFESSIONALS
BUSINESS AND RELATED RESEARCH PROFESSIONALS
Crime analyst (police force),Fellow (research),Games researcher (broadcasting),Inventor
Business and related research professionals carry out a variety of research activities for the broadcast and print media, for the police and armed forces intelligence services, for national security agencies and in other non-scientific areas.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, or support may be given for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with production team to generate and develop ideas for film, television and radio programmes;
- research sources for accurate factual material, finds suitable contributors to programmes or print features and deals with any copyright issues;
- briefs presenters, scriptwriters or journalists as required via verbal or written reports;
- provides administrative support for programme development such as booking facilities;
- provides support to criminal intelligence or to military or other security operations by gathering and verifying intelligence data and sources;
- presents findings in the required format, via written reports or presentations;
- researches images for clients in a wide range of media using specialist picture libraries and archives, museums, galleries etc., or commissions new images;
- liaises with client on the appropriate image/s to be used;
- deals with copyright issues and negotiates fees.