2425- ACTUARIES, ECONOMISTS AND STATISTICIANS
ACTUARIES, ECONOMISTS AND STATISTICIANS
Actuarial consultant,Actuary,Economist,Statistician,Statistical analyst
Jobholders in this unit group apply theoretical principles and practical techniques to assess risk and formulate probabilistic outcomes in order to inform economic and business policy, and to analyse and interpret data used to assist in the formulation of financial, business and economic policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
Entry is most common with a relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Professional qualifications are available and mandatory for actuarial occupations.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assesses the objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice;
- uses a variety of techniques and theoretical principles to establish probability and risk in respect of e.g. life insurance or pensions;
- uses appropriate techniques and theoretical principles to determine an appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyse and interpret information gained and formulate recommendations on issues such as future trends, improved efficiency;
- designs and manages surveys and uses statistical techniques in order to analyse and interpret the quantitative data collected;
- provides economic or statistical advice to governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings;
- addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: