2424- BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS
Chief knowledge officer,Contracts manager (security services),Project manager,Research support officer
Job holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
Entry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- selects and leads a project team;
- negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: