2421- CHARTERED AND CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS
CHARTERED AND CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS
Accountant (qualified),Auditor (qualified),Chartered accountant,Company accountant,Cost accountant (qualified),Financial controller (qualified),Management accountant (qualified)
Jobholders in this unit group provide accounting and auditing services, advise clients on financial matters, collect and analyse financial information and perform other accounting duties required by management for the planning and control of an establishment?s income and expenditure.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification. To qualify as an accountant, entrants must undertake a period of training within an approved organisation and successfully complete professional examinations. Exemptions to some professional examinations are available to those with appropriate academic qualifications.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans and oversees implementation of accountancy system and policies;
- prepares financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies;
- audits accounts and book-keeping records;
- prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official;
- conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.;
- evaluates financial information for management purposes;
- liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs;
- prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts;
- conducts investigations and advises management on financial aspects of productivity, stock holding, sales, new products, etc.