2419- LEGAL PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
LEGAL PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Attorney,Justice?s clerk,Lawyer,Legal adviser,Legal consultant,Legal counsel,Solicitor?s clerk (articled)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other professional legal occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 241: Legal Professionals.
Entry to training usually requires a qualifying law degree or postgraduate diploma. Entrants then undertake a further year of academic training and then complete up to four years of assessed supervised experience in legal practice. Entrants may also require up to five years post qualifying experience in legal practice.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- co-ordinates the activities of magistrates courts and advises magistrates on law and legal procedure;
- provides legal advice to individuals within Citizens Advice, Law Centres and other such establishments;
- drafts and negotiates contracts on behalf of employers;
- advises employers, local and national government and other organisations on aspects of law and legislative implications of decisions made;
- represents public and private organisations in court as necessary.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: