2318- EDUCATION ADVISERS AND SCHOOL INSPECTORS
EDUCATION ADVISERS AND SCHOOL INSPECTORS
Curriculum adviser,Education adviser,Education officer,School inspector
Education advisers and school inspectors plan, organise and direct the educational activities and resources in a local authority education area, and undertake inspections of schools and other training establishments excluding universities.
Jobholders usually possess an education-related degree or relevant postgraduate qualification and have gained relevant experience in teaching and/or school management. Before being appointed, an inspector has to attend a course of training provided or approved by OFSTED. Most inspectors are or have been head teachers, deputy heads or heads of department.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- advises on all aspects of education and ensures that all statutory educational requirements are being met;
- plans and advises on the provision of special schools for children with physical or learning disabilities;
- appoints and controls teaching staff;
- verifies that school buildings are adequately maintained;
- arranges for the provision of school medical and meals services;
- observes teaching, assesses learning level and discusses any apparent faults with teachers, heads of department and head teachers;
- prepares reports on schools concerning teaching standards, educational standards being achieved, the spiritual, moral and social development of pupils, resource management etc.