2317- SENIOR PROFESSIONALS OF EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENTS
SENIOR PROFESSIONALS OF EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENTS
Administrator (higher education, university),Bursar,Head teacher (primary school),Principal (further education),Registrar (educational establishments)
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the administration, support systems and activities that facilitate the effective running of a university, college or other educational establishment.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification and have gained significant relevant experience in the field of education. Specialist training courses and professional qualifications are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- considers staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- arranges for evaluation of management, accounting, information storage and retrieval and other facilities;
- provides administrative support to the academic team;
- leads or contributes to decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, disciplinary and other matters;
- controls administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation;
- acts as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment;
- drafts and interprets regulations and deals with queries and complaints procedures;
- organises examinations, necessary invigilations and any security procedures required;
- arranges for the preparation and publication of syllabuses and other official documents;
- assists with recruitment, public relations and marketing activities;
- coordinates and maintains quality assurance procedures.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: