2316- SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
SPECIAL NEEDS EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
Deputy head teacher (special school),Learning support teacher,Special needs coordinator,Special needs teacher
Special needs education teaching professionals organise and provide instruction at a variety of different levels to children who have emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties or physical disabilities. These professionals may also work with exceptionally gifted pupils.
Entry is with a first degree that provides QTS (qualified teacher status) or, in Scotland, TQ (teaching qualification); or other relevant degree followed by further postgraduate training (most commonly PGCE ? Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, or, in Scotland, PGDE ? Professional Graduate Diploma in Education). Additionally, prior experience in mainstream teaching is usually required, and further training for special needs teaching may be mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- creates a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for students;
- assesses student?s abilities, identifies student?s needs and devises curriculum and rota of teaching duties accordingly;
- gives instruction, using techniques appropriate to the student?s handicap;
- develops and adapts conventional teaching methods to meet the individual student?s needs;
- encourages the student to develop self-help skills to circumvent the limitations imposed by their disability;
- prepares, assigns and corrects exercises to record and evaluate students progress;
- supervises students in classroom and maintains discipline;
- liaises with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists;
- updates and maintains students? records to monitor development and progress;
- discusses student?s progress with parents and other teaching professionals.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: