2315- PRIMARY AND NURSERY EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
PRIMARY AND NURSERY EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
Deputy head teacher (primary school),Infant teacher,Nursery school teacher,Primary school teacher,
Primary (and middle school deemed primary) and nursery education teaching professionals plan, organise and provide instruction to children at all levels up to the age of entry into secondary education.
Entry is with a first degree that provides QTS (qualified teacher status) or, in Scotland, TQ (teaching qualification); or other relevant degree followed by further postgraduate training (most commonly PGCE ? Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, or, in Scotland, PGDE ? Professional Graduate Diploma in Education). Further and higher professional qualifications are required for some teaching posts.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches a range of subjects;
- prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students? progress;
- prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations;
- maintains records of students? progress and development;
- supervises students and maintains classroom discipline;
- teaches simple songs and rhymes, reads stories and organises various activities to promote language, social and physical development;
- undertakes pastoral duties;
- supervises teaching assistants and trainees;
- discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals;
- assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: