2314- SECONDARY EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
SECONDARY EDUCATION TEACHING PROFESSIONALS
Deputy head teacher (secondary school),Secondary school teacher,Sixth form teacher,Teacher (secondary school)
Secondary (and middle school deemed secondary) education teaching professionals plan, organise and provide instruction in one or more subjects, including physical education and diversionary activities, within a prescribed curriculum in a secondary or secondary/ middle school.
Entry is with a first degree that provides QTS (qualified teacher status) or, in Scotland, TQ (teaching qualification); or other relevant degree followed by further postgraduate training (most commonly PGCE ? Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education, or, in Scotland, PGDE ? Professional Graduate Diploma in Education). Further and higher professional qualifications are required for some teaching posts.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches one or more subjects;
- prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students? progress;
- prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations;
- maintains records of students? progress and development;
- supervises any practical work and maintains classroom discipline;
- undertakes pastoral duties;
- supervises teaching assistants and trainees;
- discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals;
- assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: