2150- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
,Creative manager (research and development),Design manager,Market research manager,Research manager (broadcasting)
Managers in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage resources to undertake the systematic investigation necessary for the development of new, or to enhance the performance of existing, products and services.
Entrants usually possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, although support may be provided for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- establishes product design and performance objectives in consultation with other business functions;
- liaises with production departments to investigate and resolve manufacturing problems;
- develops research methodology, implements and reports upon research investigations undertaken;
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to the research and development team;
- monitors the standards of scientific and technical research undertaken by the research team.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: