2139- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
IT consultant,Quality analyst (computing),Software tester,Systems tester (computing),Telecommunications planner
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 213: Information Technology and Telecommunication Professionals.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;
- develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;
- develops quality standards and validation techniques;
- makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;
- examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;
- deals with and reports on breaches in security.
- Computer Occupations, All Other
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Search Marketing Strategists
- Video Game Designers