2137- WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONALS
WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONALS
Internet developer,Multimedia developer,Web design consultant,Web designer
Jobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client?s specified requirements.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website;
- presents design options to the client;
- designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access;
- develops the website and applications;
- designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems;
- establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery;
- writes and publishes content for the website;
- tests website interaction and performance prior to going ?live?, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website;
- activates the ?live? website.