2135- IT BUSINESS ANALYSTS, ARCHITECTS AND SYSTEMS DESIGNERS
IT BUSINESS ANALYSTS, ARCHITECTS AND SYSTEMS DESIGNERS
Business analyst (computing),Data communications analyst,Systems analyst,Systems consultant,Technical analyst (computing),Technical architect
Workers in this unit group provide advice on the effective utilisation of IT and design IT systems in order to meet the business objectives or to enhance the business effectiveness of the organisation.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients? requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision;
- undertakes feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and presents proposals to clients;
- communicates the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advises upon the potential introduction of such technology;
- provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments;
- examines existing business models and flows of data and designs functional specifications and test plans for new systems in order to meet clients? needs;
- researches, analyses, evaluates and monitors network infrastructure and performance;
- works closely with clients to implement new systems.