2133- IT SPECIALIST MANAGERS
IT SPECIALIST MANAGERS
Data centre manager,IT manager,IT support manager,Network operations manager (computer services),Service delivery manager
IT specialist managers plan, organise, manage and coordinate the provision of specialist IT services and functions in an organisation.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans, coordinates and manages the organisation?s IT provision or a specialist area of IT activity;
- liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs;
- takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control;
- supervises the technical team and coordinates training;
- plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved;
- reports on IT activities to senior management.
- Computer Occupations, All Other
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Search Marketing Strategists
- Video Game Designers