2129- ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Acoustician (professional),Ceramicist,Food technologist,Metallurgist,Patent agent,Project engineer,Scientific consultant,Technical engineer,Technologist,Traffic engineer
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of professional engineering functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 212: Engineering Professionals.
Chartered engineers possess an accredited university degree. After qualifying, periods of appropriate training and experience are required before membership of a chartered engineering institution is attainable. Incorporated engineers possess an accredited university degree, BTEC/SQA award or an apprenticeship leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 4. All routes are followed by periods of appropriate training and relevant experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- researches into problem areas to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new theories and techniques and to solve specific problems;
- establishes principles and techniques to improve the quality, durability and performance of materials such as textiles, glass, rubber, plastics, ceramics, metals and alloys;
- designs new systems and equipment with regard to cost, market requirements and feasibility of manufacture;
- devises and implements control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials;
- prepare sketches, drawings and specifications showing materials to be used, construction and finishing methods and other details;
- examines and advises on patent applications;
- provides technical consultancy services.
- Biomedical Engineers
- Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
- Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Product Safety Engineers
- Nuclear Engineers
- Engineers, All Other
- Biochemical Engineers
- Validation Engineers
- Energy Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Mechatronics Engineers
- Microsystems Engineers
- Photonics Engineers
- Robotics Engineers
- Nanosystems Engineers
- Wind Energy Engineers
- Solar Energy Systems Engineers