2119- NATURAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
NATURAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCE PROFESSIONALS N.E.C.
Operational research scientist,Research associate (medical),Research fellow (university),Researcher (university),Scientific officer,Scientist,Sports scientist,University researcher
Jobholders in this unit group perform a variety of scientific research and related activities not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 211: Natural and Social Science Professionals.
Entry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. On-the-job training and/or support for postgraduate study may be provided. Professional qualifications are available in some areas of activity.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 3.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans, directs and undertakes research into natural phenomena;
- provides technical advisory and consulting services;
- designs tests and experiments to address research objective and find solutions;
- applies models and techniques to medical, industrial, agricultural, military and similar applications;
- analyses results and writes up results of tests and experiments undertaken;
- presents results of scientific research to sponsors, addresses conferences and publishes articles outlining the methodology and results of research undertaken;
- designs and develops an appropriate research methodology in order to address the research objective;
- compiles and analyses quantitative and qualitative data, prepares reports and presents results to summarise main findings and conclusions;
- advises government, private organisations and special interest groups on policy issues;
- writes journal articles, books, and addresses conferences, seminars and the media to reveal research findings.
- Animal Scientists
- Food Scientists and Technologists
- Soil and Plant Scientists
- Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- Biological Scientists, All Other
- Bioinformatics Scientists
- Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists
- Life Scientists, All Other