1253- HAIRDRESSING AND BEAUTY SALON MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
HAIRDRESSING AND BEAUTY SALON MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
Hairdressing salon owner,Health and fitness manager,Manager (beauty salon)
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
No formal qualifications are required for entry although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, an NVQ/SVQ in Hairdressing at Level 3, an apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 8.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff;
- provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems;
- ensures clients? records are maintained;
- undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy;
- checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met;
- demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products;
- ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.