1252- GARAGE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
GARAGE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
Garage director,Garage owner,Manager (repairing: motor vehicles)
Garage managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the day-to-day running of garages and specialist vehicle maintenance and repair establishments.
There are no pre-set entry requirements, although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or vocational qualifications such as Automotive NVQs/SVQs at level 3. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 8.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- ensures that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice;
- arranges for maintenance staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles or motorcycles;
- checks completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations;
- maintains records of repair work to detect recurrent faults;
- provides information about garage merchandise for staff and customers;
- ensures the business accounts are maintained.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: