1251- PROPERTY, HOUSING AND ESTATE MANAGERS
PROPERTY, HOUSING AND ESTATE MANAGERS
Estate manager,Facilities manager,Landlord (property management),Property manager
Job holders within this unit group manage shopping centres, residential areas and private estates, and arrange for the sale, purchase, rental and leasing of property on behalf of clients and employers.
There are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification. Apprenticeships are available in some areas. Many employers expect the attainment of membership to a relevant professional body.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- manages general upkeep, maintenance and security of the estate?s amenities;
- makes sure that the amenities meet health and safety standards and legal requirements;
- advises on energy efficiency;
- discusses client?s requirements and may advise client on the purchase of property and land for investment and other purposes;
- conducts or arranges for structural surveys of properties and undertakes any necessary valuations of property or agricultural land, and deals with grant and subsidy applications;
- negotiates land or property purchases and sales or leases and tenancy agreements and arranges legal formalities with solicitors, building societies and other parties;
- maintains or arranges for the maintenance of estate accounts and records and produces financial forecasts;
- acts as arbiter in disputes between landlord and tenant and ensures that both fulfil their legal obligations;
- examines and assesses housing applications, advises on rent levels, investigates complaints and liaises with tenants? association and social workers to resolve any family problems.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: