1242- RESIDENTIAL, DAY AND DOMICILIARY CARE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
RESIDENTIAL, DAY AND DOMICILIARY CARE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
Care manager,Day centre manager,Nursing home owner,Residential manager (residential home)
Managers and proprietors in this group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources necessary in the provision and running of residential and day care establishments and domiciliary care services for persons who require specialised care and/or supervision.
Although there are no pre-set academic entry requirements there are a variety of entry routes. However, entrants must be registered with the relevant statutory body and hold the appropriate qualification for the job they do. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and a range of qualifications is available including NVQs/SVQs in Health and Social Care at Levels 3 and 4. Background checks including a CRB check are required.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to staff;
- arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and adheres to health, safety and other statutory requirements;
- maintains contact between service users and the local community and/or family and friends;
- assesses service users? needs and ensures they have access to health and social care services as required;
- creates a friendly, secure atmosphere to gain the trust and confidence of those using the service;
- ensures that the physical comfort and all material needs of service users are provided and attempts to resolve problems that may arise.
Source Of Info: