1241- HEALTH CARE PRACTICE MANAGERS
HEALTH CARE PRACTICE MANAGERS
Clinic manager,GP practice manager,Veterinary practice manager
Healthcare practice managers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources of medical, dental and other types of healthcare practice, including veterinary practices.
There are no pre-set entry requirements. Candidates are recruited with a variety of academic qualifications or with relevant experience. Professional qualifications are available and are required for certain posts.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities of practice staff;
- oversees staff training and monitors training needs;
- takes responsibility for health and safety matters within the practice;
- negotiates contracts for services with other health care providers and purchasers;
- maintains patient files on medical history, consultations made and treatment undertaken and/or drugs prescribed;
- organises duty rosters for professional and support staff in practice;
- takes responsibility for stock control of practice equipment, drugs etc.;
- liaises with relevant outside organisations (e.g. NHS trust, PCT, social services, drug companies, professional bodies);
- responsible for budgeting, pricing and accounting activities within the practice.
Source Of Info: