1226- TRAVEL AGENCY MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
TRAVEL AGENCY MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
Tourist information manager,Travel agency owner,Travel manager
Travel agency managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of travel agencies and booking offices
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. BTEC/SQA awards and NVQs/SVQs at Level 3 are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans work schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities;
- co-ordinates the activities of clerical, secretarial and other staff;
- discusses client?s requirements and advises on road, rail, air and sea travel and accommodation;
- makes and confirms travel and accommodation bookings, arranges group holidays, tours and individual itineraries;
- advises on currency and passport/visa regulations and any necessary health precautions needed;
- determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.