1225- LEISURE AND SPORTS MANAGERS
LEISURE AND SPORTS MANAGERS
Amusement arcade owner,Leisure centre manager,Social club manager,Theatre manager
Leisure and sports managers organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources required for the provision of sporting, artistic, theatrical and other recreational and amenity services.
Both graduate and non-graduate entry is possible. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 3 and 4. Professional qualifications may also be required for some posts.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes;
- ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to;
- keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc.;
- advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc.;
- determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- recruits, supervises and trains staff;
- ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.