1221- HOTEL AND ACCOMMODATION MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
HOTEL AND ACCOMMODATION MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
Caravan park owner,Hotel manager,Landlady (boarding, guest, lodging house)
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hotels, hostels, lodging homes, holiday camps, holiday flats and chalets, and organise the domestic, catering, and entertainment facilities on passenger ships.
Entry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Candidates for these usually require a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification, or a professional qualification. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and large hotel chains normally offer management trainee schemes. NVQs/SVQs in management for hospitality, leisure and tourism are available at Levels 3 and 4.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- analyses demand and decides on type, standard and cost of services to be offered;
- determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs;
- ensures physical comfort of residents or passengers and makes special arrangements for children, the elderly and the infirm if required;
- approves and arranges shipboard entertainment and shore trips and liaises with ship?s agent to ensure that ship is adequately provisioned;
- arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and ensures adherence to licensing and other statutory regulations.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: