1184- SOCIAL SERVICES MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
SOCIAL SERVICES MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
Care manager (local government: social services),Service manager (welfare services)
Social services managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources necessary to protect the welfare of certain groups within local authorities including children and young people, families under stress, people with disabilities, elderly people and people needing help as a result of illness.
Entry is usually through internal promotion for those with the appropriate professional qualifications and relevant experience. Post-qualifying professional qualifications and in-service training are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- provides leadership and management to ensure services are delivered in accordance with statutory requirements and in line with the local authority social services department?s policies and procedures;
- determines staffing, financial, material and other short and long-term needs;
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities of social services staff;
- monitors and evaluates departmental performance with a view to improving social service provision;
- studies and advises upon changes in legislation that will impact upon social service provision;
- liaises with representatives of other relevant agencies.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: