1172- SENIOR POLICE OFFICERS
SENIOR POLICE OFFICERS
Chief superintendent (police service) ,Detective inspector,Police inspector
Senior police officers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of a specific geographical or functional area of generalised or specialised police work. Senior officers of the British Transport Police direct the specialised police service for the railway network across Britain.
Promotion to the rank of inspector can be by qualifying examination. There are no qualifying examinations to ranks above inspector; promotion is by selection only. There are accelerated promotion schemes available. All police forces have age restrictions and medical requirements.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with senior officers to determine staff, financial and other short- and long-term needs;
- plans, directs and co-ordinates general policing for an area or functional unit;
- directs and monitors the work of subordinate officers;
- establishes contacts and sources of information concerning crimes planned or committed;
- directs and co-ordinates the operation of record keeping systems and the preparation of reports.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: