1162- MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS IN STORAGE AND WAREHOUSING
MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS IN STORAGE AND WAREHOUSING
Logistics manager,Warehouse manager
Managers and directors in storage and warehousing plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and warehousing of goods and for the maintenance of stocks at an optimal level.
Candidates are recruited with a variety of academic qualifications and/or with relevant experience. Entrants to management trainee schemes offered by larger companies will require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a degree or other equivalent qualifications. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. Professional and vocational qualifications covering a number of areas including supply chain and operations management are available at NVQ/SVQ Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with production, maintenance, sales and other departments to determine the materials and other items required for current and future production schedules and sales commitments;
- reviews, develops and implements stock control, handling and distribution policies to maximise use of space, money, labour and other resources;
- advises purchasing department on type, quality and quantity of goods required and dates by which they must be available;
- prepares reports on expenditure and advises on materials and parts standardisation, future stores and stock control policies;
- decides on storage conditions for particular items, allocates warehouse space and arranges for regular stock inspections to detect deterioration or damage.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: