1150- FINANCIAL INSTITUTION MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
Bank manager,Insurance manager
Financial institution managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of banks, building societies, insurance companies and post offices.
Entry is possible with A levels/H grades, S/NVQ levels 4 and 5, a degree or equivalent qualification. Those with higher qualifications obtain accelerated training. Internal promotion to management is also possible. On-the-job training is provided. Professional qualifications are available and often mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of financial institutions;
- verifies that accounting, recording and information storage and retrieval procedures are adhered to;
- authorises loans and mortgages in accordance with bank or building society policy;
- promotes financial services, establishes contact with the local business community and professional firms;
- preparing general reports and briefs on more complex cases for senior management;
- ensures compliance with the statutory regulatory framework.