1136- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS DIRECTORS
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS DIRECTORS
IT Director,Technical director (computer services),Telecommunications director
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
There are no pre-set entry requirements although candidates usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification together with substantial, relevant work experience. A variety of professional and postgraduate qualifications is available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 5
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation;
- directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards;
- develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels;
- considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy;
- prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects;
- ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation?s broad requirements.