1135- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
Human resources manager,Personnel manager,Recruitment manager
Human resource managers and directors plan, organise and direct the personnel, training and industrial relations policies of organisations, advise on resource allocation and utilisation problems, measure the effectiveness of an organisation?s systems, methods and procedures and advise on, plan and implement procedures to improve utilisation of labour, equipment and materials.
There are no pre-set entry standards, although entry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and professional qualifications are available. NVQs/SVQs in relevant subjects are available at levels 3, 4 and 5.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines staffing needs;
- oversees the preparation of job descriptions, drafts advertisements and interviews candidates;
- oversees the monitoring of employee performance and career development needs;
- provides or arranges for provision of training courses;
- undertakes industrial relations negotiations with employees? representatives or trades unions;
- develops and administers salary, health and safety and promotion policies;
- examines and reports on company and departmental structures, chains of command, information flows, etc. and evaluates efficiency of existing operations;
- considers alternative work procedures to improve productivity;
- stays abreast of relevant legislation, considers its impact on the organisation?s HR strategy and recommends appropriate action.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: