1133- PURCHASING MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
PURCHASING MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
,Bid manager,Purchasing manager
Purchasing managers and directors (not retail) plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the purchasing functions of industrial, commercial, government organisations and public agencies to ensure cost-effectiveness.
Although not restricted to a particular qualification, entry is most common with A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, S/NVQs at level 3 or above, or a degree or equivalent qualification. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and professional qualifications are available. Chartered status may also be achieved.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- determines what goods, services and equipment need to be sourced;
- devises purchasing policies, decides on whether orders should be put out to tender and evaluates suppliers? bids;
- negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers and draws up contract documents;
- arranges for quality checks of incoming goods and ensures suppliers deliver on time;
- interviews suppliers? representatives and visits trade fairs;
- researches and identifies new products and suppliers;
- stays abreast of and ensures adherence to relevant legislation regarding tendering and procurement procedures.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: