1132- MARKETING AND SALES DIRECTORS
MARKETING AND SALES DIRECTORS
Marketing director,Sales director
Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation?s marketing and sales policies.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold;
- discusses employer?s or clients? requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers? reactions to products;
- examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities;
- controls the recruitment and training of staff;
- produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.