1123- PRODUCTION MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS IN MINING AND ENERGY
PRODUCTION MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS IN MINING AND ENERGY
Operations manager (mining, water & energy),Quarry manager
Production managers and directors in mining, energy and water supply plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the extraction of minerals and other natural deposits and the production, storage and provision of gas, water and electricity supplies.
There are no pre-set entry standards. Entry is possible with either GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades, a BTEC Diploma, an apprenticeship, NVQ (level 3), a degree or equivalent qualification with/without relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and can lead to professional qualifications.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- co-ordinates the activities of mines, quarries, drilling operations and offshore installations;
- determines staffing, material and other needs;
- co-ordinates and supervises coal-face production activities and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations;
- ensures that all haulage, storage, purification and distribution work is performed efficiently and in compliance with statutory and other regulations;
- arranges for the provision of gas, water and electricity supplies;
- ensures compliance with issues relating to the environmental impact of operations.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: