99-Services managers not elsewhere classified
Services managers not elsewhere classified
Plan, direct, manage and coordinate provision of services conducted by travel agencies, conference centres, contact centres, shopping centres, recreational sites and the like.
Services managers plan, direct and coordinate the provision of services and are not covered in production and specialized services managers or hospitality, retail and other services managers. For instance, managers of travel agencies, conference centres, contact centres and shopping centres, recreational are included here.
Tasks usually include:
- planning and organizing the range and mix of services or activities provided; ensuring that facilities are kept clean and in good condition
- keeping abreast of new trends and developments relevant to the service provided
- advising on the facilities available and promoting publicity
- checking and keeping custody of all cash receipts and making regular stock checks
- establishing and managing budgets
- controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- planning and directing daily operations
- controlling the selection, supervision and performance of staff
- ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically, work long and irregular hours, which may include evenings and weekends to complete assigned tasks and priorities. Often work in offices, but may spend time at different worksites within respective establishment or organization liaising with local supervisors and/ or subordinates. Their work can be quiet stressful at times caused by the need to develop and negotiate annual performance plans and budgets for the department or section, and then implement, manage and ensure ongoing approved financial, technology, legal and human resource budgets, plans and deadlines are met. May undertake negotiations, to effect business closure and to achieve results, contributing increased stress levels. May travel often to meet with existing or prospective clients, stakeholders and/or officials, and attend, in some cases present at, conferences or seminars.
Advanced Diploma/Higher Diploma in business or administration, travel, conference management or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above
Al Futtaim Group, Etisalat, Du, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC), Mubadala Health Care, Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Dnata Travel.
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Travel agency manager - Conference centre manager - Contact centre manager - Shopping centre manager - Camp site manager - Caravan park manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Commodities broker - Mall centre manager - Retail manager
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi