95-Financial and insurance services branch managers
Financial and insurance services branch managers
Plan, direct and coordinate financial activities of workers and support systems in a branch, office, or department of an establishment or organization.
Financial and insurance services branch managers plan, direct, and coordinate the branches of institutions that provide financial and insurance services, such as banks, building societies, credit unions and insurance companies. They provide advice and assistance to clients on financial and insurance matters. May play an important role in mergers and consolidations and in global expansion and related financing. Require extensive, specialized knowledge to reduce risks and enhance the generation of sound profits/surpluses. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning, directing and coordinating the activities of staff in the branch
- establishing and maintaining relationships with individual and business customers
- providing advice and assistance to customers on their financial and insurance needs and with matters such as changes in law that may affect customer
- examining, evaluating and processing loan and insurance applications
- monitoring credit extension decisions
- conducting financial investigations
- overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments, and the preparation of financial and regulatory reports
- approving or rejecting, or coordinating the approval or rejection of, lines of credit commercial, real estate and personal loans
- coordinating cooperation with other branches of the company
- managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically, work long and irregular hours, which may include evenings and weekends to complete assigned tasks and priorities. Often work in offices, but may spend time at different worksites within respective establishment or organization liaising with local supervisors and/ or subordinates. Their work can be quiet stressful at times caused by the need to develop and negotiate annual performance plans and budgets for the department or section, and then implement, manage and ensure ongoing approved financial, technology, legal and human resource budgets, plans and deadlines are met. May undertake negotiations, to effect business closure and to achieve results, contributing increased stress levels. May travel often to meet with existing or prospective clients, stakeholders and/or officials, and attend, in some cases present at, conferences or seminars.
Bachelor degree in finance, insurance and risk management and/or banking, or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
5 - 7 years and above
Al Dhafra Insurance Company, Abu Dhabi Insurance Company, Daman Insurance Company, Dubai International Finance Centre (DIFC)
Examples of job titles:
Bank manager - Building society manager - Credit union manager, - Insurance agency manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Branch manager - Banking centre manager - Business banking manager - Service centre manager - Collections vice president - Consumer lending vice president - Consumer loan manager - Electronic services vice president - Lending manager - Loan servicing vice president - Loan systems director - Insurance service director - Commercial risk manager