94-Research and development managers
Research and development managers
Plan, administer, manage and review the research and development (R&D) program and activities of an organization.
Research and development managers plan, direct and coordinate the research and development activities of an enterprise or organization or of enterprises that provide related services to other enterprises and organizations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning, directing and coordinating research and development activities, in-house or commissioned from external research organizations, to develop new or improved technical processes, products, knowledge, or utilization of materials
- planning the overall research and development programme of an enterprise or organization, specifying goals and budgetary requirements
- leading and managing the activities of research and development staff
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures
- planning and directing daily operations
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
- representing the enterprise or organization at conventions, seminars and conferences
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically, work long and irregular hours, which may include evenings and weekends to complete assigned tasks and priorities. Often work in offices, but may spend time at different worksites within respective establishment or organization liaising with local supervisors and/ or subordinates. Their work can be quiet stressful at times caused by the need to develop and negotiate annual performance plans and budgets for the department or section, and then implement, manage and ensure ongoing approved financial, technology, legal and human resource budgets, plans and deadlines are met. May undertake negotiations, to effect business closure and to achieve results, contributing increased stress levels. May travel often to meet with existing or prospective clients, stakeholders and/or officials, and attend, in some cases present at, conferences or seminars.
!Bachelor degree in research and development, or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.!
Required Work Experience:
5 - 7 years and above
SCAD, Emirates Centre of Strategic Studies and research, Sultan bin Zayed?s Cultural and Media Centre, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC)
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Product development manager - Research manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Archivist - Economist - Foreign Affairs and Trade Manager/Officer - Market Researcher -
Policy Analyst - Project and Program Administrator - Project Support Manager - Research
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi