93-Advertising and public relations managers
Advertising and public relations managers
Plan, direct and coordinate advertising, public relations and public information activities.
Advertising and public relations managers plan, direct and coordinate the advertising, public relations, public awareness and/or public information activities of enterprises and organizations or of enterprises that provide related services to other enterprises and organizations. They also manage the production of produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a customer, client, or on an account basis. They may, engage in fundraising, planning, directing, or coordinating activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or non-profit organizations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning, directing and coordinating the advertising and public relations activities of an enterprise or organization
- negotiating advertising contracts with clients or with newspapers, radio and television stations, sports and cultural organizations and advertising agencies
- planning and managing information programmes to inform legislators, the mass media and the general public about the plans, accomplishments and points of view of the enterprise or organization
- leading and managing the activities of advertising and public relations staff
- establishing and managing budgets and controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures
- planning and directing daily operations
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically work regular business hours, although there maybe requirements for weekend work or evenings, to attend client meetings/events. They tend to spend most of their time working in offices and often travel to visit clients and other related establishments or sites. They may also be required to attain a given quota of sales within a set time frame, which can lead to pressurised work and stress.
Bachelor degree in advertising, marketing management, public relations, or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years bad above
Etihad Airways, Etisalat, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC).
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Advertising manager - Public relations manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Promotions Director - Advertising Director - Classified Advertising Manager - Marketing Director - Account Executive - Retail Advertising Sales Manager - Advertising Sales Manager
Marketing and Promotions Manager - Marketing Manager - Public Relations Director
Account Supervisor - Account Executive - Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) - Communications Director - Community Relations Director - Director of Public Relations Public Affairs Director - Account Manager - Business Development Director
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi