92-Sales and marketing managers
Sales and marketing managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing and sales policies and programs or actual distribution or movement of a product or service to customers.
Sales and marketing managers plan, direct and coordinate the sales and marketing activities of an enterprise or organization, or of enterprises that provide sales and marketing services to other enterprises and organizations. Also, analyze sales statistics or determine demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers as well as develop pricing strategies to maximize profits/surpluses or share of the market while ensuring the firm?s customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning and organizing special sales and marketing programmes based on sales records and market assessment
- determining price lists, discount and delivery terms, sales promotion budgets, sales methods, special incentives and campaigns
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures related to sales and marketing activities
- leading and managing the activities of sales and marketing staff
- planning and directing daily operations
- establishing and managing budgets and controlling expenditure to ensure the efficient use of resources
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
- representing the enterprise or organization at sales and marketing conventions, trade exhibitions and other forums
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically work regular business hours, although there maybe requirements for weekend work or evenings, to attend events. They tend to spend most of their time working in offices and often travel to visit clients and other related establishments or sites
Bachelor degree in sales or marketing management, relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above
TDIC, Mubadala, Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority.
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Marketing manager - Sales manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Vice President of Sales - Director of Sales - District Sales Manager - Regional Sales Manager - Sales Supervisor - General Manager - Sales and Marketing Vice President - Sales Representative - Vice President of Marketing - Business Development Manager - Marketing Coordinator - Account Supervisor - Business Development Director - Commercial Lines Manager - Commercial Marketing Specialist - Market Development Manager
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi