91-Business services and administration managers not elsewhere classified
Business services and administration managers not elsewhere classified
Plan, direct, manage or coordinate one or more services of, or for, an organization.
Generalist services and administration managers not classified as business services and administration managers are included here and typically includes occupations such as facilities manager, cleaning services manager, administrative services manager employed either as the manager of a department of a large enterprise and organization, or of an enterprise that provides such services to other enterprises and organizations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- providing administrative, strategic planning and operational support, research and advice to senior management on matters such as the management of building facilities and administrative services
- developing and managing the organization?s administrative and physical resources
- developing and implementing administrative and procedural statements and guidelines for use by staff in the organization
- analyzing complex resource management issues and initiatives that affect the organization, and preparing associated reports, correspondence and submissions
- providing information and support for the preparation of financial reports and budgets
- leading, managing and developing administrative staff to ensure smooth business operations and the provision of accurate and timely information
- representing the enterprise or organization in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- planning and directing daily operations
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically, work long and irregular hours, which may include evenings and weekends to complete assigned tasks and priorities. Often work in offices, but may spend time at different worksites within respective establishment or organization liaising with local supervisors and/ or subordinates. Their work can be quiet stressful at times caused by the need to develop and negotiate annual performance plans and budgets for the department or section, and then implement, manage and ensure ongoing approved financial, technology, legal and human resource budgets, plans and deadlines are met. May undertake negotiations, to effect business closure and to achieve results, contributing increased stress levels. May travel often to meet with existing or prospective clients, stakeholders and/or officials, and attend, in some cases present at, conferences or seminars.
Bachelor?s Degree in business services and administration or relevant field of work/ discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 - 7 years and above
Department of Economic Development, Department of Transportation, Abu Dhabi Chamber, Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC), Masdar, Mubadala Aero Space, Mubadala Oil and Gas
Less than 5,000
Examples of job titles:
Administrative services manager - Cleaning services manager - Corporate services manager - Facilities manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Office Manager - Administrative Assistant - Administrative Coordinator - Administrative Manager - Administrative Specialist - Administrator - Business Administrator - Business Manager - Director of Operations - Asset manager - Property manager
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi