Provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad based supervision. In some instances may require specialist skill development and supervision by qualified teachers to address specific student circumstances.
A teacher aide helps a full-time teacher with many of their responsibilities. Also known as a teaching assistant, these individuals work with the teacher to help with administrative and non-administrative responsibilities. They spend most of their day helping in the classroom with whatever the teacher requires. Oftentimes they help students with their assignments so the teacher can focus on other issues such as creating lesson plans.
Job activities and tasks include:
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities that enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschools
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical, behavioural and other learning difficulties with their studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching materials, and copying and collating written and printed material
- operating audio-visual equipment, computers and other teaching aides
- distributing and collecting lesson material
Knowledge of human development
Teachers? aides work?s closely with teachers, developing and obtaining resources, setting up and operating equipment, undertaking administrative duties, supervising students and participating in teaching activities under the direction of a teacher.
Secondary School Certificate, Diploma in Early Childhood Development, Early Childhood Education or related field, higher qualification or equivalent.
3 years and above
Abu Dhabi Education Council, General Directorate of Abu Dhabi Police, Star Security Company, Ministry of education
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Pre-school assistant - Teacher?s assistant
Examples of some related occupations:
Education assistant - School learning support officer - Language worker - Education assistant (special needs) - Integration aide - Literacy worker - Teacher aide - Education support worker - School services officer - Support worker (working with children with disabilities) - Home tutor - Homeland teaching assistant