85-Regulatory government associate professionals not elsewhere classified
Regulatory government associate professionals not elsewhere classified
Regulatory government associate professionals not classified as technicians and associate professionals who examine, evaluate, monitor, investigate, test and report on eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits covering such fields of inspectorate work as agricultural, prices, labour, wages and weights and measurement.
Government regulatory associate professionals not classified elsewhere, and which include occupations such as agricultural, fisheries, forestry, prices, wages and weights and measures inspectors and which look to identify specific conditions or restrictions to be attached to licences, certifications or approvals issued, referring exceptional or important cases to senior government officials or managers. It includes assessing, advising, administering, supervising, reviewing, testing or performing inspections, investigations, or compliance work primarily concerned with determining conformance with laws and regulations. May also conduct oral, written, visual, or performance testing and produce detailed technical compliance reports
Job activities and tasks include:
- examining places of business to ensure the use of correct weights and measures in trade
- monitoring price regulations to assess appropriateness of costs for goods and services to protect consumer interests
- monitoring wage regulations to ensure appropriate levels of pay for work performed and to assess compliance with employment standards legislation
- performing related investigative and administrative tasks to process applications and record findings, document compliance problems or inappropriate business practices and to prepare reports and correspondence including informing applicants of decisions
- administering and evaluating products require conformity tests
- conducting audit/inspections and complaints procedures on equipment conformity
- administering complaints and non-compliance notices for action or legal processing
- producing non-compliance reports as a result of investigations/audits/inspections for follow up legal action
- may be required to give evidence in a prosecution case(s)
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Regulatory and compliance processes, procedures and investigation environment. Usually work regular business hours, but may need to work evenings and weekends or be on call work. May need to visit sites and conduct investigations, inspections or examinations to affirm compliance with governing laws and regulations or otherwise relating to licensing, certifying or approving physical assets, materials, resources, substances, air quality, prices and wages, individuals or other mediums. May be confronted by individuals disgruntled with decisions and respond effectively and calmly in difficult and sensitive situation. May also, travel overseas to work or to attend conferences and seminars.
Diploma in inspections and/or compliance and audit, or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
3 years and above.
National Consultative Council, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Economy, The General Secretariat of the Executive Council, Abu Dhabi Judicial Department, Emirates Standard and Management Authority, Abu Dhabi
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Agricultural inspector - Fisheries inspector - Forestry inspector - Prices inspector - Wage inspector - Weights and measurement inspector
Examples of some related occupations:
Pollution inspector - Sanitary inspector - Conformance and compliance officer - Fire inspector - Health Inspector - Occupational safety inspector - Pollution inspector - Sanitary inspector